Patsy's Rigatoni Sorrentino
This delicious recipe is courtesy of Sal Scognomillo.
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2008
- 1 pound rigatoni
- Coarse salt
- 4 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 1/2 pound fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (about 1 pound) shredded mozzarella
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano chese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and return to a boil. Add rigatoni and cook until al dente, according to package directions. Drain; set aside.
- Preheat broiler. In a large saucepan, bring marinara sauce to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour half the heated sauce into a large bowl; set aside. Add cooked rigatoni and ricotta to saucepan with remaining sauce; stir to combine. Bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Pour pasta mixture into a baking dish and top with reserved sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Transfer baking dish to broiler and broil until cheese has melted, 6 to 8 minutes. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.