Whole Roasted Branzini
The Martha Stewart Show
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1- to 1 1/2-pound whole branzini, scaled, gutted, and cleaned
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, very thinly sliced, plus wedges for serving
- 2 large sprigs fresh dill
- 1/4 small bulb fennel, cored and very thinly sliced (about 1 cup), fronds reserved
- 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Oil a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Rinse fish well, pat dry with paper towels, and place on baking sheet. In the cavity of each fish, place 2 lemon slices, 1 sprig dill, 1/2 of the fennel, 2 sprigs parsley, and 1/2 of the reserved fennel fronds. Season the cavity and exterior of each fish with salt and pepper. Lay 3 slices lemon over the top of each fish. Drizzle oil lightly over fish and roast until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer fish to serving plates and serve with lemon wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.