This New England favorite tastes best on hot-dog buns that have been grilled or toasted until lightly charred.
Martha Stewart Living, August/September 1993
- 2 one-and-a-half-pound live lobsters
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Mayonnaise Homemade Mayonnaise (http://www.marthastewart.com/255028/homemade-mayonnaise), or prepared
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 bunch arugula
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Plunge lobsters in headfirst. Allow water to return to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes. Remove pot from heat. Leave lobsters in hot water for 3 more minutes. Remove lobsters, and let cool. Split lobsters lengthwise, and crack claws, allowing water to drain. Remove meat from shells, and cut into large chunks.
- In a small bowl, combine herbs with mayonnaise, lemon juice, and pepper to taste. Add lobster meat, and mix well.
- Brush insides of buns with melted butter. Grill or broil until brown and crisp.
- To assemble lobster rolls, line each bun with arugula, and top with lobster salad.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.