Celery, Fig, and Gorgonzola Salad
This recipe for a refreshing celery, fig, and gorgonzola salad, which comes from Ron Suhanosky of Sfoglia, is an ideal compliment to any meal.
The Martha Stewart Show, September Summer/Fall 2007
- 1 bunch celery, trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias, about 3 inches in length
- 1 pound ripe black mission figs, quartered
- 1 pound Gorgonzola piccante cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place celery in a large bowl with enough ice water to cover. Transfer bowl to refrigerator; let soak overnight.
- Drain celery and place in a colander set over a large bowl in the refrigerator; let drain at least 2 hours.
- Combine, gorgonzola, honey, olive oil, and lemon juice in a large nonreactive bowl. Season with salt and pepper; add celery and toss. Divide salad evenly among four plates.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.