This recipe for sauteed spinach is a great side to Jonathan Waxman's Perfect Roast Chicken. It can be found in Jonathan's cookbook, "A Great American Cook."
Everyday Food, January/February 2004
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 pound spinach, washed and large stems removed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Remove garlic and discard.
- Add spinach to skillet and cook, stirring, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; keep warm until serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.