Lamb Lollipops with Green Goddess Mint Dipping Sauce and Roasted Potatoes
This lamb lollipop recipe, courtesy of Dan Aykroyd, is a one-of-a-kind dish perfect for Easter or any special meal.
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2009
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh peeled ginger
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for pan
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 24 lamb chops, frenched and completely trimmed
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Green Goddess Mint Dipping Pots (http://www.marthastewart.com/254888/green-goddess-mint-dipping-pots)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, ginger, soy sauce, 1/4 cup oil, and pepper. Place lamb chops in a large shallow baking dish and pour over garlic mixture. Cover and let marinate, refrigerated, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Oil a large rimmed baking sheet; set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add potatoes and cook until just tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to prepared baking dish. Add rosemary and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Transfer to oven and roast 15 to 20 minutes. Turn potatoes by shaking sheet and continue roasting, 15 to 20 minutes more, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill or a grill pan over medium high heat. Remove lamb chops from marinade, wiping off any excess and place on grill. Season with salt and pepper, and grill, rotating lamb chops 1/2 turn after 1 minute, and continue grilling until cross-hatch marks form, about 1 minute more. Turn lamb chops and repeat process on opposite side. Transfer chops to a warm plate and let stand 3 to 5 minutes before serving with dipping sauce.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.