Green Tomato and Lemon Marmalade
Serve the marmalade with crackers or bread and a firm cheese, such as cheddar or manchego.
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced and seeded, slices quartered (2 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds green tomatoes (about 4 large tomatoes), cored and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup water
- Place lemon slices in a medium pot, and add enough cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, and drain.
- Place lemons, tomatoes, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves, and cook until lemon slices are translucent and syrup has thickened, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.