This rich ganache recipe comes from John Barricelli's "SoNo Baking Company Cookbook," and it's part of his recipe for Chocolate-Filled Almond Macaroons.
The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 5128
- 1 pound semisweet chocolate, very finely chopped
- 1 pound bittersweet chocolate, very finely chopped
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise, or 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Place both chocolates in a large heatproof bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together cream, honey, and salt. Scrape the vanilla bean seeds into saucepan and add vanilla bean, if using. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Pour over chocolate and let stand until chocolate is melted, about 5 minutes; whisk until smooth.
- Strain chocolate mixture through a fine mesh sieve, discarding solids. Stir in vanilla extract, if using. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature until ganache stiffens, at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.