Use leaves that have not been sprayed with any chemicals. Leaves can be made up to one day ahead of time.
Martha Stewart Living, October 1999
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 20 ivy, black walnut, or rose leaves, about 2 1/2 inches long
- Wash leaves, and dry thoroughly. Set aside on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place chopped chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl, then place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir occasionally until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- Using a soft 1/4-inch pastry brush, coat the underside of each leaf with a thin layer of chocolate. Place the leaves into the refrigerator until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Brush the leaves with a second layer of chocolate, and chill again. When firm, carefully peel the leaf from the chocolate. Set chocolate leaves on baking sheet, and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.