Shrimp My Way
With this recipe, author Mark Bittman proves that the most basic ingredients and simplest techniques can lead to something incredibly tasty.
Martha Stewart Living, July/August 1999
- 1/4 extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 or 4 large cloves garlic, cut into thin slivers
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons spicy paprika
- 16 large shrimp, peeled
- Coarse salt
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup minced parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, or sherry vinegar, to taste
- Combine the oil and garlic in a skillet no larger than 10 inches across. Turn the heat to medium, and cook until the garlic begins to sizzle, then turn the heat to medium-low. When the garlic is blond, stir in cumin and paprika. Add the shrimp, and raise the heat to high.
- Cook, stirring occasionally and sprinkling with salt and cayenne, until the shrimp are all pink, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat, and add most of the parsley and the lemon juice. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve garnished with the remaining parsley.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.