Coconut Pudding with Caramel Sauce
Serve up a distinctive dessert with this coconut pudding recipe from fashion designer Ralph Rucci.
The Martha Stewart Show, Episode 5128
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 cups freshly grated coconut
- 3 cups heavy cream, whipped
- 1 cup fresh shaved coconut
- Ralph Rucci's Caramel Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/256115/caramel-sauce)
- Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup water, and let stand until softened, about 5 minutes. Spray a 10-inch round nonstick springform pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Bring half-and-half to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add gelatin mixture and sugar and cook, stirring, until gelatin and sugar have dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Stir in almond extract and grated coconut; stir in whipped cream. Transfer pudding to prepared springform pan and transfer to refrigerator until chilled and set, 2 to 3 hours.
- Unmold pudding onto a serving platter and sprinkle with shaved coconut. Serve with caramel sauce.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.