This recipe for clams oreganata is from Sal Scognamillo of Patsy's Italian Restaurant.
The Martha Stewart Show, December Holiday 2007
- 24 clams on the half shell
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs (http://www.marthastewart.com/255920/seasoned-breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges, for serving
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange clams in a large skillet; season with pepper. Spoon breadcrumbs onto clams and smooth with the back of spoon. Drizzle over olive oil. Transfer to broiler. Broil until breadcrumbs are lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to stovetop over medium heat. Mix together lemon juice and 1/4 cup water; pour into bottom of skillet. Sprinkle over parsley. Cook 3 to 4 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.