Roasted Chicken Breasts with Carrots and Onions
Peel carrots with a vegetable peeler; trim ends. Use a sharp knife to halve carrots lengthwise. Cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch chunks.
Everyday Food, November 2004
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 45 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 to 12 ounces each)
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, halved, and cut on the diagonal into 1/2-inch chunks
- 6 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 medium red onion, halved, cut into 1/2-inch wedges coarse salt and ground pepper
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 cup pitted prunes, quartered lengthwise
- Best Couscous (http://www.marthastewart.com/283526/best-couscous), for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place chicken on a rimmed baking sheet. Arrange carrots, garlic, and onion around chicken; season chicken and vegetables generously with salt and pepper. Roast 10 minutes.
- Stir prunes into vegetables. Continue roasting until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes more. Serve chicken and vegetables over couscous, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.