Cherry Tomato Tart
This cherry tomato tart recipe is courtesy of chef Michel Roux.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2008
- All-purpose flour, for work surface
- Michel Roux's Pate Brisee (http://www.marthastewart.com/255127/pate-brisee)
- 4 tablespoons white rice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard, or less, if desired
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, lightly whipped
- 36 Semi-Confit Cherry Tomatoes (http://www.marthastewart.com/255128/semi-confit-cherry-tomatoes)
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Maldon sea salt, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter an 8-by 1 1/3-inch tart ring; set aside. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to a round about 1/16-inch-thick. With a dry pastry brush, sweep off the excess flour; fit dough into prepared tart ring, pressing it into the edges. Trim even with top of ring. Gently prick the bottom of tart with the tines of a fork. Chill tart shell until firm, about 20 minutes.
- Line tart dough with parchment paper, leaving at least a 1-inch overhang. Fill with pie weights. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove tart from ring and transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
- Meanwhile, cook rice in boiling salted water for 18 minutes. Drain rice and run under cold water; drain again. Pour rice into a large bowl along with mustard and heavy cream; mix until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Spread mixture into cooled tart shell. Top rice with cherry tomatoes and sprinkle over basil leaves. Season with Maldon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper; serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.