Semi-Confit Cherry Tomatoes
This recipe for semi-confit cherry tomatoes, courtesy of chef Michel Roux, is used in his Cherry Tomato Tart.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2008
- 1 1/2 cups light olive oil
- 14 ounces ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- Pinch of freshly ground white pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes, garlic, pepper, thyme, and bay leaf. Cook until tomatoes are tender, but not soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Let tomatoes cool completely in skillet. Transfer tomatoes to a jar or bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Keep refrigerated, until ready to use, up to 2 weeks. Season with salt and pepper just before using.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.