The Martha Stewart Show, December Winter 2006
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 pomegranates
- 3/4 cup homemade or canned low sodium store-bought chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- Place the orange juice, brandy, and honey in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce to a simmer, add vinegar, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut pomegranates in half. Hold pomegranate halves over a large bowl and beat each one with the back of a wooden spoon to release seeds and juices. Place 2/3 pomegranate seeds and any accumulated juices, thyme, and chicken stock in the jar of a blender; blend for 10 seconds. Strain pomegranate mixture through a fine sieve into saucepan.
- Return glaze to a simmer. Stir in butter. Spoon over duck and garnish with remaining pomegranate seeds.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.