White Tuile Batter
Martha Stewart Living, January 2006
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl, and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium speed, until well-combined, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg whites, one at a time, beating for 4 minutes after each addition. Add the reserved flour, and mix until just combined.
- Reserve 1/2 cup batter; place in a pastry bag fitted with a #2 tip, and set aside for piping chocolate tuile cookies.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.