Duck Breasts with Brandied Cherry Sauce
Make this seared magret duck breast with brandied cherry reduction sauce recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse, for a savory dinner.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2008
- 2 magret duck breast halves (12 to 16 ounces)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Brandied Cherry Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/255045/brandied-cherry-sauce)
- Rosemary sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Score duck breast halves on the skin side, cutting about 1/8 inch into the skin, in a cross-hatch pattern.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-low heat. Season duck breast evenly on both sides with salt and pepper. Place breasts, skin-side down, in skillet. Cook until skin is crispy and most of the fat has rendered out, 10 to 12 minutes. Pour off fat from pan as necessary. Turn breasts, and transfer skillet to oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let breasts rest about 3 minutes, before slicing each into 12 slices.
- To serve, place six slices of duck on each of 4 plates. Serve with brandied cherry sauce and garnish with rosemary sprigs. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.