Moroccan Salmon Skewers
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole fennel seeds
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 3/4 pounds salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into 3/4-inch squares
- Moroccan Salmon Skewers (http://www.marthastewart.com/254859/moroccan-salmon-skewers)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a mortar and pestle, combine cumin, coriander, and fennel seeds. Grind until coriander seed is just broken. Alternatively, seeds may be placed in a spice grinder, and pulsed until coriander is just broken; do not overprocess. Spices may also be crushed using a heavy cast-iron skillet. Transfer seeds to a small bowl, and toss with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Dip 1 side of the salmon into the spice mixture to coat heavily. Repeat with remaining salmon.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Place salmon, spice-side down, into the pan. Cook until spices are dry, golden, and toasted, about 4 minutes. Immediately transfer pan to oven, and cook until salmon is just cooked through, about 30 seconds. Transfer salmon to a serving platter, and skewer with toothpicks. Serve warm with dipping sauce.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.