Make these delicious wrinkled potatoes, courtesy of Jose Andres, which can be found in his cookbook, "Made in Spain," along with these two fantastic dipping sauces: Mojo Rojo and
The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2009
- 2 pounds baby potatoes
- 1 cup salt, plus more as needed
- Mojo rojo or mojo verde, for dipping
- Place the potatoes in a deep, medium-size pot. Add enough water to cover, and salt. Potatoes should float in the salted water; if not, add more salt.
- Place pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce heat to a simmer and cook until potatoes are easily pierced with the tip of paring knife, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain water from pot, leaving just enough to cover the bottom. Return pot to low heat and cook, shaking pot until the salt covering the potatoes begins to crystallize, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cover pot with a clean kitchen towel until potato skins have wrinkled, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately with dipping sauces, as desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.