This recipe for fish stock should be used when making delicious Lobster Roatan.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2009
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 rib celery stalk, roughly chopped
- 1/2 carrot, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add garlic, celery, carrot, and onion; cook, stirring, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add fish bones and head and enough water to cover. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to a gentle simmer and let cook for 25 minutes, skimming the surface as necessary. Strain through a fine mesh strainer; discard solids and set aside.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.