Fresh Robiola Wrapped in Mortadella
This tasty recipe for fresh robiola wrapped in mortadella is courtesy of Mario Batali and has been adapted for "The Martha Stewart Show."
The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2008
- 12 to 14 thin slices mortadella (about 8 ounces), preferably imported Italian without pistachios
- 12 ounces fresh robiola (or substitute fresh goat cheese or fresh ricotta)
- 12 basil leaves
- 3 cups tender bitter greens, preferably young dandelion greens
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- Coarse sea salt
- Preheat a grill or grill pan.
- Lay a piece of mortadella flat on your work surface. Place 2 tablespoons cheese in the center of the mortadella and form into a log parallel to you; place 1 basil leaf on top of cheese. Fold bottom of mortadella up over cheese and basil and fold in sides. Continue rolling away from you (like a burrito) to enclose; secure with a toothpick. Repeat process with remaining mortadella and cheese.
- Place mortadella packets seam-side up on grill and cook until lightly charred, about 2 minutes. Turn packets and continue cooking until opposite side is charred, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a platter.
- Place greens in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and vinegar; season with salt. Pile greens over mortadella packets; serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.