Use this icing when making the Flower Sugar Cookies.
Martha Stewart Living, December 2009
- 2 pounds confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup water, plus more if needed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons meringue powder (<ahref="http://wilton.com">wilton.com</a>)
- Gel-paste food coloring (optional)
- Beat sugar, water, and meringue powder with a mixer on low speed until smooth. (If icing is too thick, slowly add more water, beating to desired consistency. If icing is too thin, continue beating for 2 to 3 minutes more.) Add food coloring if desired, a drop at a time, until desired color is reached; if making more than 1 color, divide icing and work in batches. Icing can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.