Savory Coeurs a la Creme
These rich, creamy savory coeurs a la creme--made from mascarpone, ricotta, and Parmesan--take their form from cheesecloth-lined molds. You can serve these cheese hearts alone or as part of a cheese board including other varieties and crackers or bread.
Martha Stewart Living, May 2007
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Endive, leaves separated, for serving
- Line 4 Coeur a la Creme molds with a double layer of cheesecloth, and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Stir together cheeses, cream, and salt in a bowl. Transfer to a food processor; pulse until just smooth (be careful not to overprocess or the mixture may become too soft to hold its shape).
- Divide cheese mixture among prepared molds, and smooth tops. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove plastic. Use cheesecloth as handles to remove individual cheese mixtures. Turn out onto a cheese tray, and remove cheesecloth. Serve with endive.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.