Vanilla Bean Buttercream
Use this recipe from Vanilla Bake Shop to make its wonderful Meyer Lemon Raspberry Cupcake.
The Martha Stewart Show, April Spring 2008
Yield Makes enough for 2 dozen cupcakes
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, cut into small pieces
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter until creamy. Slowly add confectioners' sugar; beat to combine, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add vanilla bean seeds and vanilla extract, and beat to combine. Slowly add milk and continue beating on medium-low speed until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.