Onion-Pepper Mixture for Beef Rolls
Everyday Food, January/February 2010
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium white onions, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick lengthwise
- 3 red or orange bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon
oil over medium-high. Add onions
and peppers; cook, stirring occasionally,
until beginning to brown,
about 7 minutes. Season with salt
and pepper and add 3/4 cup water;
cover and simmer 3 minutes.
Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally,
until vegetables are soft and
liquid has evaporated, 2 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.