Texas Grapefruit, Avocado, and Dandelion-Greens Salad
Photography: Matthew Williams
Martha Stewart Living
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Serves 8
- 4 red grapefruits, preferably Texas Rio Star
- 12 ounces dandelion greens or arugula (from 1 bunch), thick stems removed
- 3 ripe but firm avocados, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, for serving
- Aleppo-pepper flakes (available at kalustyans.com), for serving
- Cut away peel and pith of grapefruits. Working over a bowl, cut between membranes to release segments. Squeeze juices from membrane into bowl.
- Arrange greens on a large platter, top with grapefruits and avocados, and drizzle evenly with oil and 3 tablespoons grapefruit juice. Season with salt, sprinkle with pepper flakes, and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.