Oven-Dried Black-Olive Seasoning
We love to sprinkle this seasoning mix over all manner of salads and pasta dishes, as well as the Ricotta Crostini.
Martha Stewart Living
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 3 hours 20 minutes
Yield Makes 1 1/4 cups
- 2 cups Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 small dried red chile, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Arrange olives on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Cook until dried and crisp, about 3 hours. Let cool completely.
- Finely chop olives until almost powdery. Stir in sesame seeds and chile. Seasoning can be stored at room temperature up to 2 weeks.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.