Photography: Jonathan Lovekin
Martha Stewart Living
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 4 hours
Yield Makes 5 cups
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 plums (about 7 ounces), pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons rose water (such as Cortas, available at amazon.com)
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Combine sugar, 1 1/2 cups water, and plums in a small pot and bring to a simmer, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Stir lemon juice, rose water, and salt into sugar syrup. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 2 hours and up to overnight. Stir well, then freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions. Store in freezer in a metal loaf pan, covered with plastic wrap, until ready to serve, up to 2 days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.