- 2 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cover potatoes with 2 inches of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil; add a generous amount of salt. Boil until potatoes are just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and immediately toss in a bowl with oil and rosemary. (Potatoes will break apart slightly.) Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, flipping once, until golden and crisp, about 35 minutes. Serve immediately.
If serving the potatoes with the roasted chicken, put the potatoes in the oven after the chicken has roasted for about 15 minutes, so everything will be ready at the same time.