Olive-Garlic Deviled Eggs
Instead of piping the filling with a pastry bag and tip, you can use a resealable plastic bag with a corner snipped off. Or simply spoon it into the egg whites.
Photography: Mike Krautter
Martha Stewart Living
- Prep Time 25 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
Yield Makes 16
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pitted olives, plus olive slivers for garnish
- 1 minced small garlic clove
- In a medium saucepan, cover eggs with 1 inch of water. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Cover and let stand 12 minutes. Drain eggs; run under cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Peel and halve eggs lengthwise; remove yolks and transfer to a bowl. Mash with a fork; mix in mayonnaise, mustard, and vinegar. Press through a sieve to make smooth. Pulse yolk mixture with olives and garlic in a food processor.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with desired tip (we used plain and star tips), pipe yolk mixture into whites. Garnish with olive slivers. Serve immediately, or chill up to 2 hours.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.