Squash, Brussels Sprout, and Sausage Pizza
Instead of peeling and seeding fresh tomatoes, you can also use three whole peeled tomatoes from a 14-ounce can.
Photography: Roland Bello
Martha Stewart Living
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
Yield Makes one 9-by-13-inch pie
- 1/3 recipe Basic Pizza Dough, or 3/4 pound store-bought dough
- 2 large red tomatoes, blanched, peeled, seeded, and coarsely pureed in a food processor (about 3/4 cup)
- 12 1/8-inch-thick rounds delicata squash, seeded
- 6 small brussels sprouts, halved
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 thin slices soppressata
- Coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Form dough (as directed in Basic Pizza Dough recipe) in a 9-by-13-inch rimmed baking sheet. Spread tomato sauce evenly over dough. In a large bowl, toss squash and brussels sprouts with oil. Arrange squash in 4 rows of 3. Place a soppressata slice in center of each squash round, then top with a brussels-sprout half. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake until cooked through and crust is golden on edges and bottom, about 24 minutes.
- Using a metal spatula, slide pie onto a cutting board. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.