Eden's Roast Chicken
This flavor-packed chicken recipe from Eden Grinshpan can be marinated up to a day -- so prep ahead the night before or in the morning and you're one step away from dinner on the table.
- 1 whole chicken (3 1/2 to 4 pounds), cut into 8 pieces
- 10 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound small potatoes, halved
- Place chicken in a large bowl. Roughly chop 5 cloves garlic and add to bowl along with capers, olives, thyme, rosemary, and lemon. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss well to combine. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Smash remaining garlic cloves and add to a rimmed baking sheet along with chicken and marinade. Add potatoes to pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Roast for 20 minutes, and remove breast pieces from pan, set aside. Return pan to oven and continue roasting until potatoes and chicken are golden brown, and the internal temperature of the chicken reads 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, about 40-50 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.