Decoupaged iPhone Cover
The matte finish of the decoupage glue maintains the fabric’s soft texture.
Photography: Burcu Avsar
Martha Stewart Living, March 2014
- Download template. Print and cut out. Trace onto piece of fabric and cut out.
- Brush decoupage finish all over outside of phone case. Lay fabric flat on work surface. Flip phone case onto fabric; center. (You’ll still be able to move the case around to get it just right.)
- Curve fabric around edges of case. Brush decoupage finish on top of fabric.
- Wrap fabric to cover rim of case, pinching until it stays (add a little more finish if needed). Manipulate fabric to minimize puckering at corners. (Trim excess with scissors if needed.)
- Brush more decoupage finish over fabric. Let dry several hours. With craft knife, cut away fabric covering holes for buttons and lens.
- Lightweight cotton fabric
- Decoupage finish
- Plastic phone case
- Craft knife
- Decoupaged iPhone case template
Durable decoupage finish, by Martha Stewart Crafts, in Matte, $10 for 8 oz., michaels.com
Clear iPhone case, from $2, allstarco.com
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.