Roasted Vegetables with Quinoa
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2013
- 3 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 cups trimmed and halved brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut or extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups baby spinach, divided
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss squash and brussels sprouts with 2 Tbsp melted coconut or extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and paprika. Roast, rotating pan, until golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Make sauce: Pulse garlic, tahini, vinegar, 2 Tbsp olive oil, water, chives, parsley, and cilantro in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss roasted vegetables with quinoa and 2 Tbsp sauce.
- For each serving, toss with 1 1/4 cups spinach and adjust seasoning.
Refrigerate mixture and sauce in separate airtight containers up to three days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.