Broccoli and Chickpea Salad
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Whole Living, January/February January/February 2013
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 15-oz can drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 5 sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steam broccoli florets until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Once cool, chop and combine with chickpeas, scallions, parsley, and pine nuts.
- In a bowl, combine garlic, mustard, honey, lemon zest and juice. Slowly add oil, whisking to emulsify, and season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle broccoli mixture with dressing and adjust seasoning.
Refrigerate salad in an airtight container up to two days.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.