- 4 large eggs
- 1 pound small red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces green and yellow string beans, trimmed
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 7 ounces tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 1/4 cup mixed olives
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn if large
- Bring eggs to a boil in a small saucepan. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 13 minutes. Drain and run eggs under cold water, then peel and cut in half.
- Meanwhile, bring potatoes to a boil in well-salted water in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 8 minutes. Remove potatoes with a slotted spoon and return water to a boil. Blanch beans in batches until bright and just tender, 3 to 4 minutes, then transfer to an ice bath.
- Whisk together mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking to emulsify, and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange eggs, potatoes, beans, tuna, and olives on a platter and drizzle with vinaigrette before sprinkling with basil.
Look for pole-caught albacore tuna, ideally sourced from the United States, often labeled "chunk white." Skip cans not clearly marked as being troll- or pole-caught.