Bread Salad with Feta
Pitas can be more than just pockets! Let the flatbread find its varied potential with this quick and unconventional meatless recipe. No hummus necessary.
Whole Living, March 2012
- 1 pita
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 chopped English cucumber
- 1 diced shallot
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- Toast pita over the flame of a gas burner (or char in the broiler). Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Tear into pieces and toss with beans, cucumber, shallot, parsley, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Top with feta and add salt and pepper to taste.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.