Roasted Chicken with Polenta and Balsamic-Poached Figs
Photography: Con Poulos
Whole Living, October 2011
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Serves 4
- <u>Roast Chicken</u>
- 4 cups Polenta (http://www.marthastewart.com/1049671/polenta)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chicken "jus"
- 12 Balsamic-Poached Figs (http://www.marthastewart.com/1049666/balsamic-poached-figs)
- 2 tablespoons fig syrup
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place chicken on a baking sheet and gently peel back skin from chicken pieces without detaching it completely. Heat until the meat is warm and the skin is crisp, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine polenta and water in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Break up polenta with a wooden spoon, then stir continuously until creamy and heated through. Season with salt, spoon onto serving plates, and top with chicken.
- In a small pot, combine chicken "jus," figs, and fig syrup; whisk until combined. Reduce slightly over medium-low heat. Season with pepper.
Pour over chicken. Garnish with parsley.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.