Pizza with a Sunny-Side-Up Egg and Herb Garden Pesto
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Whole Living, September 2011
- Whole-Wheat Pizza Dough (http://www.marthastewart.com/1049684/whole-wheat-pizza-dough)
- 2 tablespoons Herb Garden Pesto (http://www.marthastewart.com/1050451/herb-garden-pesto)
- 1/2 cup Simple Three-Cheese Blend (http://www.marthastewart.com/1050452/simple-three-cheese-blend)
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
- Place pizza stone or inverted baking sheet on rack in top third of oven.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Transfer stretched dough to parchment.
- Dot dough with pesto. Scatter with scallion and cheese blend.
- Transfer to oven: Slide parchment onto
stone or baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes, then crack 1 egg on top of pizza, season with salt and pepper, and bake until egg sets and yolk is
slightly runny, 5 minutes.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.