Seared fruits are simple, healthful accompaniments to roasted meats; use slightly overripe fruit.
- 4 plums, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat, add the plum mixture, and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the surface of the plums are seared and caramel-colored.
- Transfer the plums to the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the plum skins are just beginning to break and the color is vibrant.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.