Fish Fillets with Herbs, Zucchini, and Whole-Wheat Couscous
A tangy paste of cilantro and mint adds vibrant flavor to the fish and zucchini.
Photography: Raymond Hom
Martha Stewart Living, September 2010
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup packed fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger (from one 3/4-inch piece)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander (optional)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch-thick spears
- 4 skinless fillets firm white fish (5 ounces each), such as hake or black cod
- 1 cup dry whole-wheat couscous
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pulse scallions, cilantro, mint, oil, ginger, coriander, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor until a coarse paste forms. Season with pepper.
- Toss zucchini with 3 tablespoons herb paste in a bowl. Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Rub remaining herb paste onto both sides of fish fillets. Push zucchini to edges of baking sheet, and arrange fish in center, leaving about 1/2 inch between each fillet. Roast until fish is opaque and semi-firm to the touch, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions. Serve fish and zucchini over couscous.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.