Nonuttin' Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
Enjoy a tasty and allergen-free snack with these easy-to-make granola bars from Alana Elliott of Nonuttin' Foods.
The Martha Stewart Show, April 2010
Yield Makes about 16 bars
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free crisp-rice cereal
- 1/2 cup mini gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup lightly packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; line baking sheet with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- Place oatmeal and rice cereal in a large bowl; stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together brown sugar, oil, and honey. Place over medium-high heat; bring to a gentle boil. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add to oatmeal mixture; stir until oatmeal mixture is fully coated and well combined.
- Evenly pour oatmeal mixture into prepared baking dish; sprinkle with chocolate chips. When mixture is cool enough to touch, press down into pan. Let cool to room temperature. Cut into 16 (1-by-4-inch) bars. Granola bars can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week, and frozen up to six months.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.