Saffron-Roasted Chicken Wings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 6 whole chicken wings
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top of the foil; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine olive oil, butter, lemon juice, and saffron. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted and mixture is combined.
- Arrange chicken wings on rack and brush with half of the saffron mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes. Turn wings over and brush again. Cook until wings are browned and cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes more.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.