- 1/4 medium white onion, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 5-ounce portions of striped bass
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Additional olive oil and chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Put onion, fennel, and lemon juice in a medium saucepan and cover with 1 inch of water.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and put in the 2 portions of fish, seasoned with sea salt.
- Sprinkle with capers and parsley and cover the pan.
- Simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes, until fish is almost flaky.
- Place the vegetables in the bottom of a shallow bowl and the fish on top; drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Serve one cup of steamed brown rice per person on the side, if desired.