Tequila-Lime Chicken Drumsticks
Photography: Nicole Franzen
- Prep Time 35 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 55 minutes
Yield Makes about 20
- 3/4 cup silver tequila
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from 6 to 8 limes)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 20)
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- Clementine or orange wedges, for serving (optional)
- Combine tequila, lime juice, honey, salt, pepper, chicken, and oil in a large resealable bag. Place in a baking dish and let stand at room temperature, turning bag occasionally, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade, allowing excess to drip back into bag; pat dry. Reserve marinade. Place chicken on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake until cooked through and golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, transfer marinade to a saucepan and boil over medium-high heat until thickened and reduced to 1/3 cup, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer chicken to a serving platter and immediately brush with glaze. Serve warm or room temperature, with clementine wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.