Festival Branch-Pole Lights
Birch poles can be purchased online. If you want to use whatever sturdy branches you find in your backyard instead, make sure they are straight.
Photography: Marcus Nilsson
Martha Stewart Living, January/February 2014
- Trim birch poles to an equal length, tall enough to accommodate standing guests.
- With drill, create a hole for a screw eye at top center of each pole.
- Twist in screw eyes.
- Place a bucket at each corner of space to be decorated. (Buckets should be placed at least every six feet.)
- Center a pole in each bucket and add gravel to stabilize.
- With zip ties, attach garland of lights to screw eyes, as shown.
- 4 birch poles of similar size
- Drill and bit
- 4 screw eyes
- 4 metal buckets
- 4 zip ties
- Garland of lights
Clear globe lights, $13 for 25 ft., target.com
Birch poles, 8', $81 for 4, birch-logs.com
Vintage steel half plant stand, by Behrens, $14, casa.com
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.