- 1 1/4 cups semisweet-chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Fine salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a blender, combine chocolate, sugar, and pinch of salt. In a small saucepan, bring milk to a simmer, then transfer to blender. Let stand 1 minute. Blend on high until smooth, 1 minute. Add egg whites and peppermint extract and blend on high until well combined, 1 minute. Divide evenly among four 6-ounce dessert cups. Chill until just set, 6 hours or up to overnight.
- Just before serving, beat cream until soft peaks form. Dollop each cup with whipped cream and sprinkle with peppermint candies.
Make It Nutty
Swap almond extract for peppermint and top with chopped, roasted almonds.