Beef Stroganoff Stir-Fry
Photography: Romulo Yanes
Everyday Food, December 2013
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt or flank steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cooked, buttered egg noodles and sour cream, for serving
- Toss steak with paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat a large skillet or wok over high. Add oil then steak in an even layer and cook until browned, 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add onion and mushrooms to pan and cook until any liquid produced has evaporated and mushrooms are browned, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Add steak along with any accumulated juices and stir to combine. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Serve with noodles and sour cream.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.