Photography: Stephen Johnson
Everyday Food, December 2013
- 1/4 cup honey
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 peeled, deveined large shrimp
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water at least 30 minutes. Heat broiler. In a small saucepan, combine honey, lime zest and juice, oil, garlic, red-pepper flakes, and salt. Bring to a boil and cook until thickened, 7 minutes. Skewer shrimp. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Brush with glaze. Broil 3 minutes, flip, brush with glaze, and cook until shrimp are opaque and glaze is beginning to brown, 3 to 4 minutes more.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.